Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Simple Things In Life

While on a walk with my dog earlier this evening, I thought about how the simple things in life can make you happy. Without needing an extravagent budget you can still have a great, happy life.

I would rather sit and watch tele with my friends, family or even myself than go out galavanting every night. I love to read, and would gladly spend a whole night doing it.
I don't need to live like the spoilt brats in 'Sweet Sixteen' to be able to enjoy myself and quite frankly wouldn't want to! Living in my semi-detached house with my family, being able to relax on a night time and be able to do what I want is enough for me.

I'm not saying that I don't like going out shopping and going out with friends to parties and going on holidays - of course I do! But I'm just saying everything in proportion (okay, i'm not sure if thats the right word but hey, doesnt matter) Just not all the time. I mean I wish I could go and buy new clothes, jewellery, shoes, make up etc. etc. every week but I can't. I have to work for my money -  I just don't get my monthly pocket money for free!

And when it comes to holidays - one or two is definately fine by me. If you are going away every few months, you just get sick and then won't look forward to it! Who doesn't like waiting six months to a year for the holiday that you just can't wait for, buying clothes throughout the year to build up the perfect holiday wardrobe.

So, really I am an ordinary girl - enjoying watched the television, reading, family outings, going to the cinema and shopping when I have the money to do so.

Is watching the sunset with your partner, not supposed to be one of the most enjoyable, romantic things you can do - it is so simple not to mention free!

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you! your lovely comments always put a smile on my face :)