Thursday 1 December 2011

Ist of...

It's December 1st - Christ, (no pun intended) where has this year gone? It has went so much quicker than last year and that pretty much zoomed by. This year has been a pretty big year for me, in loads of different ways and I am 17 this month! Woo! Anyway this day means:

* 1st door of advent calendar :D
* Xmas decorations go up
* Countdown to my birthday starts - 19 days to go! (even though I'm not doing anything special)
* Countdown to Christmas day starts - 24 days to go!

So in celebration of this little day, I'm doing 1st place (of everything I can think of at the moment) of things for the festive period. Join in too on your blog or in the comments below. I would love to see what you choose :)

Christmas song.... Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas
This song has such a lovely meaning to it and is definitely one of my top favourites. Some people don't like the modern one but I do as well!

Christmas advert.... Coca Cola
This may be an old advert but it never gets old for me. Every single year I've loved it. And, the truth is when this first comes on the TV you know it's nearly Christmas.


Chocolate.... Terry's Chocolate Orange
This is seriously one of the best types of chocolate to eat year round but especially at Christmas time!
Favourite board game.... frustration
This was quite hard but I love this game. I love a game of monoploy too though!
Christmas film.... The Snowman + The Grinch
I absolutely adore these films. I used to watch The Snowman year round when I went to my grandmas and Walking In The Air (also another fave song) would send me to sleep! So that's why I have the song by Aled Jones above. This film is so good and I think it's amazing how it has no words. And, The Grinch is just brilliant :)


Favourite part of xmas day.... Christmas dinner (well it's lunch but I call it dinner :D)
It's a Sunday dinner with extra food - and an extra twist: you get to pull crackers woo!

Favourite drink.... Bucks Fizz
I love this with my christmas dinner. Sorry but I ain't a fan of baileys :(
Can you think of any other festive things? Let me know, and I'll do them too :P

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, this year has flown in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I adore the Snowman! It always always makes me cry though.. can't quite believe it's december either! xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you! your lovely comments always put a smile on my face :)