Friday 27 August 2010

a trip down memory lane - #1

So, maybe this post would probably have had more of a point if it had been done in January of this year. That's because I'm going to post my favourite number one's from each year of the 2000s. I love listening to old songs, it makes me feel so nostalgic. Here goes: my favourite two number one's of each year before 2010!


(P.S. how cute is this duck!)
2000: Eninem ft Dido - Stan
         Robbie Williams - Rock DJ

2001: Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
         Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head

2002: Enrique Iglesias - Hero
         Pink - Just Like A Pill

2003: Evanescence - Bring Me To Life
         t.A.T.u - All The Things She Said
         Gary Jules - Mad World
(okay so there was three there!)

2004: Britney Spears - Toxic
         Natasha Bedingfield - These Words

2005: Pussycat Dolls ft Busta Rhymes - Don't Cha
         Akon - Lonely

2006: Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
         Nelly Furtado - Maneater

2007: Rihanna - Umbrella
         Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love

2008: Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
         Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
         Beyonce - If I Were A Boy
(three again - eesh!)

2009: (this was such a hugeee year for great songs! So I've chosen six!!)
          Lady Gaga - Pokerface
          Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
          Cascada - Evacuate the Dancefloor
          Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
          Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love
          Joe McElderry - The Climb (+ Because he is from where I live! Woo!)  :]

For more number ones of the decade visit: this wikipedia page :)
I think it's strange to think that these songs were from so long ago! That Pussycat Doll's first single was in 2005, that Can't Get You Out Of My Head was in 2001 and that Rihanna hit the big time with her song Umbrella in 2007! It lasted ten weeks over here at number one!

Hope you enjoyed my blast from the past! Like any of these songs? If so, which ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you! your lovely comments always put a smile on my face :)