Sunday 11 July 2010

Whilst drifting into sleep.

I don't think that I am the only one that thinks of everything and anything, while lying in bed trying to get to sleep. While you lay there, snuggled up in your duvet covers, everything runs through your mind at full speed. Whether that be how you could have answered back to a comment or how an argument could have been won and what you could have said or even a list of what you are going to do or buy over the upcoming months.

As the rain pounded down last night as I tried to get to sleep after midnight, memories rushed through my head, too quick to catch them and think about them and then I remember thinking of the future and what it actually holds for me. Hopefully, everything that I have wanted; to be successfull, to love and be loved and to be healthy and happy - I think that is what everyone wants as they grow up, right? Sometimes it doesn't work out that way because of course there are twists and turns with every step that change the direction your going in, but I am determined to be where I want to be.

Weird things go through my mind before I go to sleep and like last night I had a 'weird' thought as I started to drift off; 'what a strange word 'bed' actually is.' I know right, totally weird. I pondered this for maybe five minutes but I can't actually remember anything else that I thought of.

However, most of the time if I do think of things before I go to sleep, I can never remember anything about them or if I do, I am not sure if it was a dream or not.


What do you think of before you go to sleep?

3 comments:

  1. You're not alone! Its so annoying but I always think of things when trying to fall asleep...they always keep me awake. Sometimes I worry about my job, my education, money, family...everything and anything! I try meditating laying down, sometimes if I truly focus it works. By the way, your blog is adorable! Thanks for your comment on my post. I'm following you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think about what I'm going to wear the next day. That and yeah, thinking of all the things I should have said. But that hasn't happened alot recently... which can only be a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Taylor - Thank You & I love your blog as well :)

    @Nicola - I know, it tends to only happen once in a while for me as well. Thank you for following :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

thank you! your lovely comments always put a smile on my face :)