Friday 25 March 2011

Not So Much A Love Story


Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed reading Wuthering Heights. I know it's supposed to be one of the most famous love stories in English Literature, but it is one heck of a complex one. I understand that is a love story in some parts but in others it is downright violence.
For the record, in my opinion of course, the older Cathy (who Heathcliff loves) seems really spoilt and a bit of a bitch and I don't like Heathcliff. My friend that had already read the book before me, actually likes in Heathcliff in parts and thinks he's sweet. Fair enough, I feel sorry for him in the first part of the book when he is a child but in the second half I really do not like him as a character. Obviously I respect anyone's opinions so I would love to know what you think of Heathcliff if you have read the book.

Even though it seems that I have just 'pulled the book to pieces' I actually enjoyed it once I got into reading it and got used to the way it was written. I feel that I would need to read the book a second time to understand more about what is happening and read between the lines more. I do recommend it though to anyone who fancies a challenging book to read. I would love to see the film as well.

If you have read it, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you! your lovely comments always put a smile on my face :)